The recently refurbished Hester Wagner Community House is located on Hall Road next to the pool and is available to all Villagers as well as the general public, to rent for parties and meetings. It is a 20' x 80' wood floor building with 2 bathrooms, kitchen area, tables & chairs (you set up), air-conditioning, ceiling fans. Perfect for dance workshops, meetings, classes, weddings, receptions, and similar events.
For booking information and rates, call the Melbourne Village Town Office at (321) 723-8300 or go to:
This community hall was constructed, circa 1941, as a barracks on the Banana River Naval Air Station. Following World War II, the Naval Air Station became Patrick Air Force Base. In 1948, this building was declared surplus, and sold to the American Homesteading Foundation (AHF), located in Melbourne Village, Florida. The building was barged down the Banana River and Indian River to Melbourne and trucked on the then two-lane U.S. Route 192 to this location. As the center of Village life, the Hall was used for AHF Trustee meetings and annual AHF Membership meetings. It was also used for square dancing, life saving and first aid classes, Women's Guild activities, study groups for organic gardening, art and drama, plus children's crafts, drama, and story time programs. From 1957 until 1963, it provided office space for the newly incorporated Town of Melbourne Village. After 1963, it was used for recreational activities and the Village Men's Club. In 1996, the Town of Melbourne Village Historic Preservation Commission began a campaign to restore this historic landmark. The Town of Melbourne Village with the support of a grant from Brevard County completed the restoration in 2003. In order to qualify for the restoration grant funds, ownership was transfered from the AHF to the Town of Melbourne Village who are now responsible for its upkeep and managing its use.